We have the most success in finding clients through speaking, networking, building strategic power partners, and our website.
- Most training programs only include how to organize client spaces and do not cover how to start and manage a business.
- Some focus purely on marketing an organizing business.
- Others do not cover specialized client populations or virtual organizing.
- We offer ALL and three levels of certification; Trained Organizer, Certified Organizer, and Master Professional Organizer®.
We offer a 4-Part Course to Successfully Launch Your Organizing Business, including:
- All aspects of planning, starting and marketing an organizing business. Our program is designed to take you step-by-step through your business start-up, alleviating figuring out what to do next.
- The complete client process and systems and solutions for working with clients through all project phases; initial contact, assessment, completing the project, and maintenance.
- Working with clients who are situationally disorganized, chronically disorganized, neurotypical, neurodiverse, downsizing, moving, and more. Plus, safety for the professional organizer and client.
- Organizing strategies and systems for every room in a home. For every space in a home, you will learn the typical habits that cause disorganization, how to create organized zones, product solutions to aid organization, new habits to maintain organization, and the estimated time to organize. You will gain confidence that you can organize any space in a home.
I am often asked, “After completing your training course will I be a Certified Professional Organizer®?” The short answer is no.
The long answer is you will receive a “Certificate of Professional Development and Attendance.” Certified Organizer participants receive the designation of Institute for Professional Organizers™ certified. However, this does not give you the designation of Certified Professional Organizer® or CPO® (see below).
Institute for Professional Organizers™ Trained Organizer or Certified Organizer are credentials and a recognized international brand for the professional organizer’s business launch through their first years and for those who want comprehensive training and certification on our methodologies, systems, and procedures. This informs your clients that you have taken a rigorous training program.
When you compare the BCPO exam content with our curriculum, you will find that our training program, combined with the 1,500 hours of paid client experience, will give you a tremendous amount of information and experience for the BCPO certification.
Certification of any profession should never be as basic as completing a seminar or self-study course. To quote the BCPO handbook, “From an industry perspective, by becoming certified, an organizer will validate their knowledge and experience, based on the highest industry, psychometric, and legal standards. From an individual business perspective, preparing for the examination is an opportunity to stay current in an increasingly competitive job market. From a personal perspective, sitting for the examination provides a unique opportunity to demonstrate the candidate’s self-confidence, professional commitment, and personal initiative in a professional environment governed by rigorous standards. A Certified Professional Organizer® will exemplify the importance of professional standards and contribute to evolving standards in the industry as a whole.”