Training Layer Two – YOUR GROUNDWORK: Takes place in a three-day Seminar format at The Grand Hotel, just outside Portland, Oregon.
DAY ONE continues your Self-Study learning with a full day of focused and guided work on your business as a professional organizer:
- Determine Business Entity Type and Legal Needs - This is one of the most critical decisions you will make as a business owner. You will learn about the different business entities and their advantages and disadvantages to help you choose the right one for your situation and goals. You will also learn how to register your business with your state and the federal governments, how to insure your business, and obtain business licenses.
- What You Need to Know to be Tax Savvy - You will be guided through the labyrinth of tax details a small and home business owner needs to understand and comply with.
- Focused time and attention to work on developing your business infrastructure. Continuing your Self-Study coursework you will have focused time to write your business, financial, and marketing plans and craft your service approach and packaging with input and guidance from Anne Blumer, CPO®.
- Create Your Brand - Select your business name, tag line, business look and feel (branding colors, fonts, and design) and craft your elevator speech.
You will receive exceptional materials for not only your first year of business, but for the life of your business.
DAY TWO after all of your hard work the fun begins! You will take all you learned from your Self-Study coursework and begin applying it with a real client. You will experience a full day of client assessment and project preparation:
- Participants prepare for the initial consultation: classroom review of the client process, needs assessment, and organizing plan of action
- Meet your client and conduct the needs assessment
- Return to Seminar location and prepare the client's organizing plan of action
- Go to an organizing supply resource (such as The Container Store, Storables or Ikea) and procure materials for client project
DAY THREE is dedicated to a full day hands-on client practicum for implementing the 5 Steps to Organizing®:
- Participants complete every step of the 5 Steps to Organizing® process. View completed practicum projects (select slide show for best viewing)
- Client Project Debrief
- Training closure and presentation of certificate