LAUNCHING YOUR PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZER BUSINESS
Writing Your Business Plan: Your business plan is often an afterthought if it is ever addressed at all. In this session you will learn the value of writing a business plan and how it can save you from costly mistakes and help you attract your key client.
Job Agreement and Business Policies: An explanation of the components of a job agreement and a form template that you can tailor to meet your business needs. Business policies and client boundaries are also reviewed.
Rate Structures – How to Charge for Your Services: Establishing your fee continues to be the one area where many Professional Organizers undervalue their services. Learn how to determine a reasonable market rate and earn the income you desire and how to communicate your value to clients.
Business Basics - Start-up Forms, Equipment and Materials: Review of forms, materials, and equipment needed to start and manage your professional organizer business.
Name and Register Your Business for Maximum Impact: People make an impression in the first 2 seconds they meet someone. If your name is the first way to introduce yourself to a prospective client, what impression will you make?
Marketing & Branding Your Organizing Business: You will learn about creating your brand, understanding why you need an elevator speech, developing your network of strategic alliances, developing a successful website, 100 Marketing Approaches, the 30 minute marketing formula, and writing your business marketing plan.
Organizing Workshop: The A.R.T. of Paper Management Instruction and materials to present a workshop on organizing household paper information including:
- How to create a paper processing center
- How to identify what paper to toss and what to keep (and for how long)
- The A.R.T. of paper management (Action and Reference systems)
- How to make files and use file system products (FreedomFiler and FileSolutions®)
- Products that can help track finances and financial papers (Quicken®, QuickBooks, Neat)
Organizing Workshop: Time Management Instruction and materials to present a workshop on time management including:
- Roles and goals
- Is time spent on urgent activities or important activities
- Discover time robbers through a time mapping technique
- Learn how to categorize and group activities to effectively manage your client's time
- Identify and choose “one” time management system and tool that is right for your client, and why
Organizing Workshop: Declutter 101 Instruction and materials to present a workshop on decluttering including how to:
- Stop cluttering and start organizing!
- Identify organizing stumbling blocks
- Maintain organization with 10 simple organizing principles